Friday, January 15, 2016

Thank you

I've been back in the States for a few days now, and I've recovered physically from the two weeks of craziness that was Europe and studying abroad. But my heart hasn't recovered, and I don't think it ever will. I've left a little bit of my heart in every city I've visited, and a little bit with the friends I made who are now scattered all across the country. It makes me sad to think that we will never be a 42 student strong group exploring Europe ever again.

So this post is dedicated to all of the friends I've made and the sights I saw with them. It's to the experiences I had, the things I've learned, and the locals I met. Coming back to America was like a reverse culture shock--everything and everyone was louder, the buildings higher, and the roads wider. I was no longer surrounded by unfamiliar accents and languages, narrow alleys, and fifty degree weather.

But I've learned so much in my time in Europe. I learned to be sensitive to different cultures. I learned to see things from a different perspective. I learned to appreciate what I have and to enjoy an experience while I can. I think the most important lesson I learned is that time flies and life is short. Experiences become nothing more than memory.

So this post is for my friends, for the people who helped me when things were tough, for those who saved me from guys at the bar and those who introduced me to a new world. As much as I learned from Europe, I learned from you too.

Claudia and I

Chad, Brian, me, and Alex at the Eiffel Tower

Lyndsey, me, and Joe in Germany

Joseph and I in Germany

Claudia, Joseph, me, Chad, Brian, Savannah, Josh, Kerrian, Ashlee, and Paige in France

Me making a silly face with Claudia and Chad in Heidelberg

Chad, Rachel, Joseph, me, Claudia, and Chad in Heidelberg

Claudia and I in Germany

Chad, Alex, Brian, Joseph, Jenny, Chad, Curtis
Rachel, me, Claudia, and Su in the Amsterdam Ice Bar

Us being silly on the top of the London Eye.

Thank you to the people who supported me the entire way, whether it was emotionally or monetarily. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment